Friday, April 1, 2011

Going Green

So now that I've become more of an Earth Mama, I have been recycling as much as I can. Luckily, our garbage service has recycling days every couple of weeks so we recycle our plastics, aluminum & glass. We live close to the elementary school that recycles paper and gets money in return for their weight of recycled material. We take our paper there so we are giving back to the school as well as the earth. After I am done using my juicer, I use the leftover pulp to fertilize my garden. I do this with my coffee grounds and other organic material. I recently learned that baking soda is a natural ant killer. I haven't had a problem with the ants after I sprinkled baking soda in my garden. So as I think of green (which happens to be my favorite color) tonight's vegetable for dinner is grilled zucchini.


Naturally Me,


Diana


Grilled Zucchini


1 Zucchini halved from top to bottom
Olive oil
Pepper
Salt (tonight I used Himalayan Pink Salt)


Coat both sides of each slice of zucchini with olive oil. Sprinkle pepper and salt. If using Pink Salt use sparingly as a little goes a long way. Grill for 8-10 minutes flipping halfway. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment