Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Hard Day's Work Meal

I have one of the best husband's in the world. He works so very hard and takes such good care of his girls. He really is my best friend. So when I spend as much time as I do planning and preparing meals, it's not only because I love to cook, but my own special way of giving back to the man that gives us so much. We work quite well as a team. I think we balance each other so well. We will be celebrating our 14 year anniversary next week. The Dynamic Duo. So for tonight's dinner I made a T Bone steak, Japanese Sweet Potatoes, Salad, Homemade Ranch Dressing, sauteed mushrooms and fresh corn on the cob. This is one of the dinners we tag team on. I get everything prepped and he grills it. Granted I can use the grill if I needed to,  but this is a way for us to cook together. Plus, he's great at it. It's a guy thing. So here's the recipes/pics for tonight's dinner.

T-Bone Steak- seasoned with Montreal Steak Seasoning and grilled to desired temperature.

Japanese Sweet Potatoes- My family loves these. They are so creamy inside and have no strings. It has a light cream coloring on the inside. Stab potatoes with a knife throughout and microwave approximately 8 min turning halfway through. 

Salad- Okay I am known for my artistic salads. Look out if you ever go to Sweet Tomatoes with me. My salad overfloweth. I love everything and anything in my salad. I use whatever looks good and what I have available at home. Tonight I used Romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, orange tomatoes, cucumbers, red & yellow peppers, sweet onions, radishes, broccoli, sunflower & pumpkin seeds.

Homemade Ranch Dressing-
• 1/2 cup Mayonaise
• 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup buttermilk  - I used the can buttermilk diluted with water
• 1 clove of garlic mashed
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
• 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt and Pepper - I used Himalayan Pink Salt but you can use whatever salt you have

Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until serving time to let flavors develop. Enjoy over salad. Thank you to Lowfat Lifestyle for the recipe that I tweaked a little. 

It was so much better than eating out and definitely alot heathier! 

Sauteed Mushrooms
8oz of mushrooms
1 clove of garlic
1 Tbs onion- tonight I used sweet onion
1 Tbs of Red Wine Vinegar
Montreal Steak Seasoning
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)

Circle the pan three times with EVOO. Over medium heat sautee garlic and onion in EVOO til lightly browned. Add mushrooms, seasoning and red wine vinger. Stir until mushrooms have softened. 

Naturally Me,

Diana


2 comments: