Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mixin' Cultures

So I consider myself a half breed. I'm half Thai and half American. My mother is from Thailand and my father is from Oklahoma. I'm very proud of my heritage on both sides. I've always believed I had the best of both worlds way before Hannah Montana came into being. I can remember my mom making 2 meals for dinner every night. One for her one (Thai) for my dad (American). I would generally eat whatever sounded the best that night. It's because of how I was raised that I appreciate all the various foods that different cultures make. I will be posting more on Thai dishes at a later time. Today's dish is a mixture of two different flavors that I love so much, guacamole and hummus. Thank you to Ali's Blog "Give Me Some Oven" for her recipe Guacamummus. I changed the recipe just slightly and it came out wonderful and was a big hit with the family. Hope you enjoy my version!


Naturally me, 


Diana 




Guacahummus- 


1 ripe Avocado cut into chunks
1 can chick peas drained
1/4 cup cilantro chopped
1/4 cup red onion chopped
1 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Lime squeezed
2 garlic smashed
1/4 up Fire Roasted Tomatoes 
2 Tbs Tahini
1 tsp of Cumin
1/8 tsp of salt (I used Himalayan pink salt but you can use regular salt more or less depending on taste)






In food processor (I used a blender since I don't have a food processor) combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth. Serve with cucumber, crackers or use as a spread on sandwich. I made a breadless sandwich and put this spread on it. It was great!!







1 comment:

  1. Hubby is munching on it tonight for his snack.He's eating it with tortilla chips.

    ReplyDelete