Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Beef it's what's for dinner, well a snack rather...

So I noticed that I haven't put any meat recipes on my blog. As I said before my dad is from Oklahoma.  I spent a good portion of my childhood there because of family and my dad being stationed there. Yep, I'm an Air Force Brat. Cows in Oklahoma are much different than those in Florida. They look like true cattle and not like anorexic cows. So needless to say I love beef. You can take the girl out of Oklahoma but you can't take Oklahoma out of the girl. A friend of ours that my husband used to work with makes beef jerky all the time. He was so kind as to give me his recipe for it. This beef jerky is always a big hit at our parties and gatherings. So here is the recipe:

2 pounds of Ground London Broil (I usually buy London Broil when it's on sale buy one get one (bogo) free and have the butcher ground it for me to save on $$$)
2 packets of Nesco beef jerky seasoning
2 packets of Nesco beef jerky cure
13-14 seeds from Large dried chilli pepper (I usually find it in the Latino food aisle)
Dehydrator
Jerky gun (I use the flat tip but you can use round depending on your preference for jerky)

Mix London Broil, seasoning and chilli pepper seeds until well blended. After well mixed, fill jerky gun and squeeze out strips onto dehydrator trays. I use my Nesco Dehydrator and set the setting to the highest at 155 for 4 hours and Walla! Homemade Beef Jerky!

Positively Me,

Diana




No comments:

Post a Comment