Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Frittata anyone?

So I had made a veggie frittata on Sunday for my breakfast on Monday. My husband tried a sample of it and told me that it was awesome and would like it for dinner one night. So tonight was Frittata night at the house for dinner. I made two different ones for us. Kayla had ham, mushroom and Mexican blended cheeses. Kevin and I had our frittatas with mushrooms, swiss chard, red onions, green peppers, red peppers, garlic & goat cheese feta. They both came out sooo scrumptious! Kayla said it was the best first frittata she's ever had. :) So this is my version:





2 eggs + 2 egg whites
1 garlic clove minced
1/8 cup red pepper diced (more or less to your taste)
1/8 cup green pepper diced (more or less to your taste)
1/8 cup Red onion diced or less (to your taste)
few crumbles of goat cheese feta or other favorite cheese
3-4 mushrooms sliced and then cut in half
1 cup of fresh chopped spinach or swiss chard
2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil


In an oven safe skillet/frying pan sautee olive oil and garlic over medium heat for 2 min. In small bowl beat eggs until frothy. Add red & green peppers, onions, mushroom. Sautee for about 5 min and add spinach or swiss chard. Sautee until cooked down. Pour egg mixture over veggies. Cook over medium heat until frittata sets maybe about 5 min. Add goat cheese crumbles. Remove from stove top and then broil until fully cooked. Roughly about 5 min. I used the bottom rack so I wouldn't burn the eggs. Enjoy!


For Kayla's Frittata I used:
2 eggs + 2 egg whites
2 Tbs of olive oil
2 slices of ham cut into bite size pieces
3 mushrooms sliced and halved
handful of Mexican cheese


Sautee the mushrooms and ham with olive oil until the mushrooms are soft. Add egg mixture. Add cheese. Cook over medium heat until frittata sets maybe about 5 min. Remove from stove top and broil until fully cooked. 





2 comments:

  1. Proud of you! I think about blogging - but haven't. Will live vicariously through yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete