Sunday, August 7, 2011

Incorporating More Raw

So I realized that I haven't posted on my blog in awhile. The summer months have just flown by and it's August already! This has been a very hot summer for everyone it seems. I've recently watched two documentaries, Food Matters & Food Inc. This has really opened my eyes to where we get our food, how this food can affect our bodies and how it is all processed. It was quite frightening. 


After watching these documentaries, my husband and I are trying to make a conscious effort in changing our diet even more than we already have, such as incorporating a more raw vegetable diet if possible. There are so many beneficial health reasons to doing this. 


Because of this hot summer day, I decided to start of my new raw quest with a healthy Raw Zucchini Salad inspired by Suzanne Somers for lunch. As Suzanne says, "It's fresh. It's crunchy. It's fabulous." I tweaked it by adding sliced cherry tomatoes and shaved Asiago cheese.


Naturally Me,


Diana


Ingredients
1 Green Zucchini
3 Tablespoons of Extra olive Oil
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
Parmesan Cheese shaved**
Asiago Cheese shaved **(Added this because I had some on hand and figured why not, but ingredient is not necessary)
Fresh Green lettuce ( I used Romaine & Green Leaf) chopped
**Block cheese that I bought in specialty cheese aisle that I freshly shaved myself with cheese grater. You can shave the cheese with knife as well if you don't have cheese grater. These cheeses may cost a little more but they last a long time.


Remove ends of Zucchini. Cut in half then cut each half into long strips. Cut into bite size pieces. Wisk together in bowl Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Salt & Pepper to taste. Add more lemon juice to taste if needed. Mix in tomatoes, Zucchini and shaved cheese. I didn't gauge how much shaved cheese, together maybe roughly a quarter cup more or less. Mix well. Place greens on serving plate and add Zucchini mixture on top. Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment